In stock and ready to ship!
Demo now in stock! Stop by the shop to test ride.
The BYB isn’t just a folding bike—it’s a whole new way to fold a bike. It’s 30% smaller than traditional 20″ folding bikes, and folds small and slim enough to fit conveniently into lockers, closets, or any narrow space. When folded, the BYB has one of the smallest footprints of any folding bike. That means a much easier time maneuvering it onto crowded trains and buses or when navigating through busy subway stations.
Ever tried to ride on public transport with a folding bike and felt like you needed an extra pair of hands? The BYB stands on its rack, and its built-in spinner wheels let you trolley the bike with one hand while the other holds your coffee.
No matter how small or fast a bike folds, it needs to be a bike you want to ride. The BYB delivers with a frame engineered for stiffness, larger 20″ wheels, and performance components.
The BYB is designed for mixed-mode commuters who do a stretch of their daily journey on a train or bus, or might grab a taxi home on a rainy day. Folded, the BYB fits anywhere so all your transport options are always open. A bike designed for commuting should let you bring your stuff, whether that’s a change of clothes, workout gear, or your laptop bag. Add panniers, bags, racks, and baskets from Ortlieb and KlickFix to customize your ride.
Locking your bike outside gets you looking out the window every five minutes just to check if it’s still there? The BYB folds so small that you can bring your bike indoors and stash it in the coat closet, behind the counter, or behind your desk. Small apartments and commuter bikes don’t usually match. Great news! The slim, small BYB fits just about anywhere—behind doors, under desks, in your closet. In fact, the BYB is a perfect fit for standard cabinets so whether you’ve got one, or more, the BYB will occupy minimal space in your place.
To enhance your riding experience, add these accessories to your BYB!
- TriFold Technology – TriFold technology is a patented new way to fold a bike smaller while delivering a quality ride.
- TFL Joint – With an organically curved form optimized for strength, the TFL Joint is our most advanced yet and includes a number of critical new technologies.
- Physis RF – Next to the frame, the Physis RF—our new 3D-forged handlepost—is the most important component contributing to the BYB’s stiff and responsive ride.
- Metro Transit Rack – Roll the BYB like a spinner suitcase and easily maneuver the bike in crowded rail or bus stations. Allows the BYB to stand vertically.
- Anchor Bolt – Securely locks the sections of the BYB together when rolling or carrying the bike. Depress the lever and the clever release mechanism ejects the Anchor Bolt, making it easier to unfold.
- DoubleDeck Frame – The BYB inherits important technology—DoubleDeck frame design and the burly trapezoidal tubing—from the Tern GSD, ensuring extra stiffness and durability.
- Combo Mount – The same robust mount found on our cargo-focused GSD. The Combo Mount lets you install a variety of different racks, bags, and baskets to your BYB so you can also bring your stuff.
- Kinetic Pro X Wheels – Light, fast, and strong, Kinetix Pro X Wheels are built with custom hubs and straight-pull Sapim aero spokes in a paired-spoke pattern.
Choose from two models:
BYB P8 – Shimano Acera, Shadow RD derailleur, 1 x 8 spd SEE FULL SPECS
BYB S11 (pre-order only) – Shimano Ultegra, Shadow RD derailleur, 1 x 11 spd SEE FULL SPECS
Shipping fee – $50