This bike is built on Moulton’s new SST frameset. It is the next generation of the TSR frame.
Improvements of the SST over the TSR are as follows:
– Front stirrup dropouts are in stainless steel
– Stirrup block reduced in height to reduce weight, improve appearance
– Dual-rate front suspension spring
– Oversized rear fork pivot bearings – bearing surface increased by 150%
– Vertical dropouts for rear derailleur in stainless steel – with patented cruciform stiffness plates
– Round-tapered chain stays to reduce weight and improve aesthetics
– Lighter rear fork upright tube with new dual-adjustment (height and angle) front derailleur mount
– Chainstay “X-brace” reinforcement, with adjustable mudguard mount
– In-line 31.6 mm seat pillar
The frame-kit weight (frame,fork, seat pillar, headset) is reduced by 250g to c. 4900g. The SST is assembled at “The Hall” in Bradford on Avon.
The SST-22 is a quick, agile, lightweight bike that’s perfectly suited for fast club rides with all your large-wheeled friends, or outfit it with Moulton’s specially designed front and rear racks along with their large Rear Tour Bag and a set of Carradice Super C Universal front panniers, and you’ll be prepared for everyday commuting or long distance adventure touring.
The Moulton is perhaps the best riding bike on the road today, no matter what size the wheels, smooth and responsive. This is due, in large part, to the frame’s double suspension system.
Small wheels don’t ride slower. In fact, they accelerate and turn much quicker than their large diameter brethren which makes these bikes just plain exhilarating to ride!
Brooks Honey Swallow saddle.
Shimano 105 53/39 crankset, Nitto Noodle 177, 44cm handlebar, Shimano 10-32t, 11-speed wide range cassette.
Shimano 105 GS rear derailleur and Shimano 105 front derailleur, Shimano 105 brake/shift levers, Tectro R539 caliper brakes.
Wheels built with Sun Ringle 406mm CR18 double-wall rims, DT Champion spokes, and Moulton cartridge bearing hubs.
Extremely wide gear range of 22-98 gear inches; weight 22lbs.
Pedal shown not included, however check here to see what pedals we do have in stock!