This bike features Moulton’s new SST frameset. It is the next generation of the TSR frame, still double-suspended and separable, both for compact storage and ease of travel.
Improvements of the SST over the TSR are as follows:
- Front stirrup drop-outs are in Stainless Steel
- Stirrup block reduced in height to reduce weight, improve appearance
- Dual-rate front suspension spring
- Oversized rear fork pivot bearings – bearing surface increased by 150%
- Vertical drop-outs for rear derailleur in Stainless Steel – with patented cruciform stiffness plates
- Round-tapered chain stays to reduce weight and improve aesthetics
- Lighter rear fork upright tube with new dual-adjustment (height and angle) front derailleur mount
- Chainstay “X-brace” reinforcement with adjustable mudguard mount
- In-line 31.6 mm seat pillar, new design
The frame-kit weight (frame, fork, seat pillar, headset) is reduced by 250g to c. 4900g. The SST is assembled at “The Hall” in Bradford on Avon, England.
The SST-22 is a quick, agile, lightweight bike that’s perfectly suited for fast club rides or you can outfit it with Moulton’s specially designed front and rear racks along with their large Rear Tour Bag and a set of Carradice Super C Universal front panniers for a long distance tour.
The Moulton is perhaps the best riding bike on the road today, no matter what size the wheels, smooth and responsive. This is due, in large part, to the frame’s double suspension system.
Small wheels don’t ride slower! In fact, they accelerate and turn much quicker than their large diameter brethren which makes these bikes just plain exhilarating to ride!
- Fizik Antares R5 saddle
- Campagnolo Potenza 58/44 crankset, Deda Special 42cm handlebar
- Shimano 10-32t, 11-speed wide range cassette
- Campagnolo Potenza rear derailleur and front derailleur
- Campagnolo Potenza brake/shift levers, Tectro R539 caliper brakes
- Wheels built with Moulton MT-20 406mm double-wall rims, DT double-butted
- Extremely wide gear range of 25-107 gear inches; weight 22 lbs.