This bike features Moulton’s new SST frameset. It is the next generation of the TSR frame, still double-suspended and separable, both for absolute comfort, compact storage, and ease of travel.
Improvements of the SST over the TSR are as follows:
- Front stirrup drop-outs are in Stainless Steel
- Stirrup block reduced in height to reduce weight, improve appearance
- Dual-rate front suspension spring
- Oversized rear fork pivot bearings – bearing surface increased by 150%
- Vertical drop-outs for rear derailleur in Stainless Steel – with patented cruciform stiffness plates
- Round-tapered chain stays to reduce weight and improve aesthetics
- Lighter rear fork upright tube with new dual-adjustment (height and angle) front derailleur mount
- Chainstay “X-brace” reinforcement with adjustable mudguard mount
- In-line 31.6 mm seat pillar, new design
The frame-kit weight (frame, fork, seat pillar, headset) is reduced by 250g to c. 4900g. The SST is assembled at “The Hall” in Bradford on Avon, England.
The SST-22 is a quick, agile, lightweight bike that’s perfectly suited for fast club rides or you can outfit it with Moulton’s specially designed front and rear racks along with their large Rear Tour Bag and a set of Carradice Super C Universal front panniers for a long distance tour.
The Moulton is perhaps the best riding bike on the road today, no matter what size the wheels, smooth and responsive. This is due, in large part, to the frame’s double suspension system.
Small wheels don’t ride slower! In fact, they accelerate and turn much quicker than their large diameter brethren which makes these bikes just plain exhilarating to ride!
Small chip in powder-coating located at kingpin knuckle has been touched-up. See last photograph.
- Transmission: Shimano 105, 53/39T crankset, Shimano 105 SG rear derailleur, 105 front derailleur, Shimano 10-32 tooth cassette, Connex 11SX chain, extremely wide 22.5-98 gear inch range
- Wheels: 20″/406mm Sun Ringle CR-18 double wall alloy rims, Champion DT 14g spokes, Moulton custom forged 28h cartridge bearing hubs, Schwalbe Durano 28-406 tires
- Brakes: Tectro R737 Quartz caliper brakes which can accommodate wider tires, Shimano 105 combination brake/shift drop bar levers
- Cockpit: Deda Special 42cm drop handlebar with Brooks Black leather bar tape, Brooks Black Swallow leather saddle
Pedals shown are not included.